Exercises (NCERT Page 34 and 25)
Answer the following questions.
- Whom does Golu ask, “why don’t you ever fly like other birds?”
Ans. Golu asked his tall aunt, the ostrich, “Why don’t you ever fly like other birds?”
- Which uncle of Golu had red eyes?
Ans. Golu asked his huge uncle, hippopotamus. “Why are your eyes always so red?”
- Golu’s relatives did not answer his questions because
(i) they were shy.
(ii) the questions were too difficult.
(ii) Golu was a naughty baby.
Ans. (ii) Golu’s relatives did not answer his questions because the questions were too difficult.
- Who advised Golu to go to the Limpopo river?
Ans. When Golu asked mynah if it knew what crocodile had for dinner, mynah asked Golu to go to the Limpopo river.
- Why did Golu go to the river?
Ans. Golu decided to go to the Limpopo river to find out what crocodile had for dinner.
- The crocodile lay on the bank of the Limpopo river. Golu thought it was
(i) a living crocodile.
(ii) a dead crocodile.
(iii) a log of wood.
Ans. (ii) a log of wood.
- What did the crocodile do to show that it was a real crocodile?
Ans. The crocodile shed crocodile tears to show that it was a real crocodile.
- “Come here, little one and I’ll whisper the answer to you.”
The crocodile said this because
(i) he couldn’t stand up.
(ii) he wanted to eat Golu.
(iii) Golu was deaf.
Ans. (ii) he wanted to eat Golu.
- Who helped Golu on the bank of the river?
Ans. On the bank of the river Limpopo, the python extended his help to Golu.
- Name two things the elephant can do with his trunk that he could not do before.
Ans. The elephant could pluck a bundle of grass with his trunk. He could also use his trunk to get rid of the flies that irritate him. The elephant could not pick things when it did not have the trunk.