An article is a piece of non-fiction prose writing that evaluates students’ skills in expressing ideas, planning and organising, presenting ideas with supportive examples, comprehending ideas and arriving at a conclusion. It is written to express personal opinions, present information on a variety of themes and to inform, persuade, entertain or convince people.
Steps to Write an Article
To be able to write an effective article, one must follow the correct format and the following steps given below.
- To begin with writing an article, one should be very clear of the ideology that needs to be followed throughout. It is also important to given an apt TITLE/HEADING to the article. The title can be given after completing the body of the article, to deliver justice to the content.
- Next comes the name of the writer (you , in this case) . It should be mentioned just below the heading.
- The most complex part of the article is the establishment of the context. It should be descriptive of the viewpoints of the writer. The direction of the article needs to be maintained throughout.
- While creating the body of the article , the writer should include the required information covering the aspects such as cause, effect, solution and steps to be taken.
- It is very important for an article to consist of a conclusion. An open-ended article is often confusing and incomplete.
- The conclusion should be a point of balance reached after comparison of contrasting ideas and views. It should convince/ persuade the readers in some way.
Format of an Article
You are Ashima/Ankit of class X, the Head of the Innovative Science Club. Write an article in about 100-150 words to the topic, ‘Recycle Your Trash’. You can use the following inputs.
- Don’t push
- Recycle electronics
- Save planet